cupcakes & love

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today we made cupcakes. My friend Stephanie  and her daughter came over to decorate with us, we thought some Valentine's Day cupcakes would be great afternoon fun. Steph and I iced the cupcakes, the toddlers ate the cupcakes. Beckett decided that the park was a better bet, so he took off with Gramma. Poppy is only 18 months old and because I want to shield her from the evil temptation of sugar, I only let her eat two tiny cupcakes with no icing. After devouring four (overly decorated) cupcakes each Emmie & Zoë ran off to play, leaving Steph and I with a fantastic mess of sprinkles everywhere.  It was a great day.

3 comments:

Lovin That! said...

Yum! Those look delicious!!

Julia said...

My daughter and I also made cupcakes for Valentine's Day! These look so pretty and festive! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Karen said...

thanks for sharing your Valentine's Day with us, Tamara...it's always a joy to see photos of you and your family...homemade cupcakes are a nice idea but it was wise of you to limit Poppy's sugar intake...sugar can be addictive...by the way, those cupcakes look delicious...