i can see clearly now....

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I feel like 2012 hasn't really started for me, I have spent most of the year recovering both physically and emotionally from emergency surgery. When something traumatic happens you can't help but think about what's most important to you. Your perspective changes, priorities are clear. I have spent the last while making a list of things I want to do, it's a good list....a sweet list to make. I want to collect my gramma's recipes, make a photo book of the kids, read more books, organize the attic, bake more, write more - it's a long list of things I actually want to do. In the last couple of months we have visited the park more, I learned how to make ravioli (my favourite food) & we go for more walks. I have even baked - which I'm not good at but the kids love it and so do I.  The photo of Zoë holding the cupcake is so sweet, right after the photo was snapped she dropped the cupcake and Stanley ate it - wrapper and all - in 2 seconds flat.  We laughed our heads off. Bring on 2012.

4 comments:

karen said...

This is sweet. Glad you are recovering. If you are thinking of writing more, consider participating in my friend's writing challenges. The stories are varied, the community is amazing, very supportive of each other, and the challenges are fun and/or great exercises in writing.

I think it is safe to say that few people are writing in these challenges to "win", but rather to work those creative muscles.

Consider this your invitation (and I'm posting the address for the challenge here, this one time only -- it isn't my site, so I think I'm not out of line in inviting you!)

http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/

Kristin said...

What a delicious post. Happy Living Tamara! I love lists! They bring so much intention to experiencing and living. Enjoy!

Karen said...

thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings, Tamara...when something major happens in one's life, the priorities certainly do change...you no longer take life for granted and each day is a precious gift...I take each day one at a time, and make a point to do all the things that I have wanted to do, like biking, swimming, going to that special restaurant that I dreamed of going to but never got around to until recently...by the way, I like ravioli, too...the photos of your family are so amazing...the children are so healthy and beautiful...xox

Bettyann said...

so lovely to share the cupcake lol..yes it often take an emergency to clear the mind of useless junk and to discover what is important...thank you for sharing...