i'm back....

Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm heading back to work tomorrow (Monday March 5). It's been over 10 weeks since I last anchored the news. These last two months have been physically exhausting and emotionally draining. I'm feeling good now. I'm strong, I have perspective.
I'm still taking baby steps, I'm going back to work four days a week for the first month and will then evaluate my stamina with my doctor.
I will share more details about my journey soon, I'm still absorbing it all and trying to understand what it all means and how it has changed me. There's no doubt that this has been a life altering experience. I have many people to thank...it's overwhelming.
Let me start with this - thank you to everyone who send me an e-mail, a message on Facebook, a tweet on Twitter or stopped me on the street to say a kind word and wish me well. Your words and concern are so appreciated...random notes of kindness from people I have never met - I love that.  Thank you.  See you tomorrow on CTV News at 6....I'm so excited to be back. xx

12 comments:

Stacy P said...

so glad that you are back & on the road to being 100%. take care. :)

Janine said...

Wonderful news! For you and your family. Looking forward to seeing your smiling face tonight on the news :)

Anonymous said...

I hope your day back at work goes smoothly! I love the photo of you and your kids! Beautiful. Take care!

Kristin said...

Wishing you a smooth transition back to work Tamara. Sending you positive energy!

Robynhood said...

Welcome back! We have missed you! Glad you are on the mend :)

Audrey said...

We have missed your smiling face on the news. I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend.

karen said...

Keep plugging Tamara! Sorry you've been hit with another bump in the road to figure out, but as you have proved over and over again, you possess enough style and grace to get through whatever you are dealing with right now as you have before.

Cheering you on from East Van,

karen

Karen said...

welcome back, Tamara...it's so good to see you back on CTV...you are my favorite news anchor...xox

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Best wishes to you and your lovely family all the way from the UK - I discovered your blog last year when I found out I was pregnant :-)

Sorry to read you have been unwell and wishing you a very speedy recovery as well as a fabulous (if somewhat belated!) 2012 x

Pinecone Camp said...

I'm sure CTV is very happy to have you back. ;)

Lisa - UnderthisDanforthRoof said...

Hi Tamara - Congratulations on your recovery! I love your Blog and have nominated you for a Liebster award at the following link!: http://underthisdanforthroof.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-awards-5-other-little-blogs.html

kate / tinywarbler said...

hi tamara! what a great pic!
glad you are feeling better and are back at it!